The BMNECC continues to receive growing recognition for its efforts to promote understanding through the preservation and encouragement of Bulgarian and Macedonian cultures. The Center has been awarded significant support by government agencies, businesses, private foundations and individuals.
Here are some of the organizations that have provided the Center with grants, awards, and funds during the past several decades:
- Allegheny Regional Asset District
- The Heinz Endowments
- The Grable Foundation
- Pennsylvania Council on the Arts
- Pittsburgh Foundation
- Save America’s Treasures
- The Steel Industry Heritage Corporation
- Department of Community and Economic Development
- The PNC Charitable Trust
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- Pittsburgh History and Landmarks, Inc.
- Homestead Economic Revitalization Commission
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Westinghouse Electric Company
- Allegheny County Weed and Seed Program
- Individual Contributions, Anonymous Donors, and Memberships
- Borough of West Homestead
Revenue from the Center’s Soup Sega! culinary program, admission fees, facility rentals, and gift shop purchases have also provided operating funds.